A Virginia teacher came very close to being hospitalized after learning her students tried to poison her.
Police say two 13-year-old boys from Hines Middle School in Newport News put hand sanitizer in their 66-year-old teacher's drinks over a two or three month span.
The teacher reportedly had stomach pains, and was forced to take several days off to see her doctor. Since then she is expected to be ok.
Both teens face a felony charge of attempted poisoning.
Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics