Generator explodes in Virginia Beach neighborhood - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Generator explodes in Virginia Beach neighborhood

Posted: Updated:
wavy wavy
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) -

A generator used to heat a Virginia Beach home causes a van to explode.

The home, the van and a neighbor's home were all damaged.

The home owner says she started using a generator to heat her home after she's couldn't afford to pay her power bill.

She put the generator in the van, because she feared it would make too much noise at night.

Firefighters say to always leave generators in open areas.

Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow