You wouldn't think of storing sauce in a container that used to hold a cleaner or a toxic material would you? A Richmond restaurant did according to its state health inspection report.
It happened at Thai Top Ten, 911 West Grace Street in Richmond. The restaurant usually gets better state health inspection scores, but this time it had 6 critical violations. The report says the restaurant was storing sweet and sour sauce in a ChemTron container previously used to store toxic material. They were told to discard it, which they did. The manager tells me that using that container was not their standard practice and it was corrected. In fact, all violations were fixed before the inspection was over.
In Chesterfield, Lin's Asian Bistro at 13253 Rittenhouse drive had 6 critical violations, plus a note saying the person in charge could not provide a food temperature measuring device. But upon re-inspection two weeks later, they had a thermometer and other violations were fixed.
In Henrico, New Catina at 6215 West Broad Street had 5 critical violations. Among them, the report says the cutting board was blackened with mildew. The report says inspector told them to replace it and that they must demonstrate food safety by April 30th before a permit will be re-issued.
After acing four recent health inspections, Ricardo's Pizzeria at 11467 Robious Road in Chesterfield wins this week's NBC12 Hall of Fame Award. This pizzeria serves up pizza, pasta and subs in a very clean kitchen.
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics