An early morning fire landed two people in the hospital Friday.
It happened inside a townhouse in the 10000 block of Dulaney Court in Henrico. Firefighters received the call around 1:50 Friday morning.
Investigators say the fire started due to unattended cooking. The two people inside were cooking with oil, and at some point, left the kitchen.
The occupants got out of the home safely. However, they were taken to Parham Doctors Hospital to be examined. One person received minor burns to his hands because he was attempting to put out the fire before firefighters arrived. Another person suffered smoke inhalation. Both are expected to be ok.
The smoke detector inside the townhouse never went off.
Firefighters remind all of us to change the batteries in our smoke detectors as we "spring forward" this weekend.
Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics