WWBT / Station Promotion Official Promotion Rules
NBC12 Virginia International Auto Show-Motor Trends
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WWBT TV ("Station"), 5710 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23225; Motor Trend Auto Shows, LLC, 6375 Flank Drive Harrisburg, PA 17112, (collectively "Sponsor(s)"). The promotion is active from March 4, 2013 through March 18, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties or cities in the station's viewing area: Stafford, King George, Culpeper, Orange, St. Mary's, Westmoreland, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Essex, Richmond, Northumberland, Lancaster, Middlesex, King and Queen, King William, Hanover, Goochland, Buckingham, Cumberland, Amelia, Powhatan, Chesterfield, City of Richmond, Henrico, City of Petersburg, Charles City, New Kent, James City, York, Matthews, Middlesex, Gloucester, Prince George, Surry, Isle of Wight, Greensville, Brunswick, Lunenberg, Prince Edward, Nottoway, Dinwiddie, and Southampton who are 18 years or older by March 4, 2013 who complete the contest form and agree to participate by its rules and terms.
Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WWBT-TV, Motor Trends, the other local TV stations in the Richmond DMA, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
By completing the contest form on NBC12.com, the submitter provides the right to NBC12 to publish the winner's name, and photo on the internet and potentially display it on the air on NBC12.
Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email after the completion of the contest. Notification not responded to within 24 hours, the phone number disconnected or email address undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected if time permits.
Winner may waive his/her right to receive a prize. Prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prize and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and the Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prize. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within five (5) days of date of notification of winning. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within five (5) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor(s), result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
Only one entry per individual is eligible, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Station and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Station may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Station is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. All entries must be submitted by residents of the above stated localities who turned 18 as of March 4, 2013
a. Entries must be received by midnight on Monday March 18. Entries must be submitted via the contest entry page on NBC12.com, to be found within the Win & Save Section of NBC12.com. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to up-load, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize. There will be five (5) winners of this promotion. The winners will be awarded the following prize, which has an estimated value of $36.00: Four (4) VIP Admission tickets to the Virginia International Motor Trend Auto Show, March 22-24 at the Greater Richmond Convention Center.
5. How the Winner is selected. Entries for the contest will cease March 17, 2013 at midnight. The winners will be chosen at random from all entries received before midnight, March 17, 2013 and notified via email
6. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release/indemnity and affidavit of eligibility within 3 business days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Prize notification will be via email or telephone, at Station's discretion.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, as well as transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. The awardee of this prize should consult with a tax professional to determine any tax consequences of being awarded.
The prize package will be reported to the IRS as required by law. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099. The prize package may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by the winner. Sponsor(s) may substitute a prize with equal or greater value. The winner may not assign, sell or transfer the prize package or any portion thereof.
Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that Station, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize, stream, post and/or broadcast winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he/she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Station to ensure fairness of the promotion and/or the original intent. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Station are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of wwbt.com, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Station and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Station may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Station is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
10. Winner's Name. Winner's name will be made available upon written request to the station from March 19, 2013 through March 31, 2013: NBC12, P.O. Box 12, Richmond, VA 23218.