PETERSBURG, VA (WWBT) - Beginning Friday, the Petersburg Public Works Engineering Division will begin trial flashing operations of traffic signals at 12 intersections.
When the lights are flashing red at the intersections, vehicles are required to stop. The streets that have the right of way are flashing yellow.
Some intersections are marked for a four-way stop.
The traffic signals will operate on flash during all times for a trial period of approximately 30 days. During this time, additional evaluation of intersection operations will be performed by City staff.
The below trial intersections are being analyzed in an effort to continue to improve traffic flow and relieve congestion:
• Bollingbrook Street at Sycamore Street
• Bollingbrook Street at 3rd Street
• Bank Street / High Street at Market Street
• Bank Street at Crater Road
• Franklin Street at Sycamore Street
• Washington Street at Perry Street
• Bank Street at Sycamore Street
• Tabb Street at Sycamore Street
• Halifax Street at Market Street
• Halifax Street at Virginia Avenue
• Graham Road at Sycamore Street