Two transported to hospital with CO poisoning in Henrico - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Two transported to hospital with CO poisoning in Henrico

Posted: Updated:
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

A family of five including a child tests positive for Carbon Monoxide poisoning in Henrico.

Around 10:14 a.m. Sunday crews responded to reports of a fall at a home in the 3600 block of Croydon Road. There they found a 34 year old female lying in a tub complaining of dizziness. She also stated that all five people in the home had been experiencing headaches. Upon further investigation officials tested the home with a gas meter and discovered a significant Carbon Monoxide leak.

The home was evacuated. The cause of the leak was determined to be a furnace with a damaged flu. Henrico Fire shut down the furnace and ventilated the home before the family was let back in.

In total all five family members tested positive for CO in their blood. The 34 year old and an 11 year old boy were both transported to VCU Medical Center. Three other family members refused transport to the hospital.

Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow