Several stores in the area near Brook Road and Parham Road were evacuated Wednesday after the workers reported smelling gas in the area.
Crews reported to the scene around 2:30 p.m. They determined that the fumes are from gasoline, not a natural gas pipe leak, but have not found the source.
Workers from several stores, including the Big Lots, were evacuated from the area to avoid being near the flammable fumes.
Crews expect to be on the scene for up to four more hours. No roads have been closed at this time.
Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics