Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and House fires - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and House fires

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) -

As the temperatures drop, furnaces are being turned on and up and that means you need to be aware of the hidden dangers.

Dr. Paul Strehler is warning about carbon monoxide poisoning and house fires.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas. Mild symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include fatigue and headaches. Severe symptoms include coma and death.

Have working detectors for smoke and carbon monoxide.

Avoid conditions which predispose you to house fires and carbon monoxide. Be sure good detectors with the batteries are checked at regular intervals.

Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

  • Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and House firesMore>>

  • Paul Strehler, M.D.

    Paul Strehler, M.D.

    Chippenham Pediatrics 7023 Old Jahnke Road Richmond VA 23225 Phone 804-320-1353 Fax 804-320-6636 www.chippenhampediatrics.com Education: Undergraduate: Washington University, MI, 1982 MedicalMore >>
    Chippenham Pediatrics
    7023 Old Jahnke Road
    Richmond VA 23225
    Phone 804-320-1353
    More >>
Powered by WorldNow