An early morning fire caused serious damage to a kitchen and displaced a family of three.
Around 2:15, Henrico Fire responded to a call of a fire at 405 Gunnsboro Court. When crews arrived, they saw smoke billowing out of the front of the home. Once everyone was out of the house, crews were able to bring the fire under control.
Two adults and one teenager were displaced by the fire, but we're told are staying with family members. Luckily, no one was hurt in the fire.
Fire crews say it's unclear if the home had a working smoke detector, and crews said they never heard a smoke detector going off. The cause of the fire is believed to have started when a towel hanging on the front of the stove ignited while the stove was on a self cleaning process.
Henrico Fire would like to remind everyone that cooking related fires are the number one cause of residential fires. Don't invite disaster as your holiday guest, please be safe and never leave cooking unattended. Have a safe and happy holiday
Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics