Father saves daughter from Henrico garage fire - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

Father saves daughter from Henrico garage fire

Posted: Updated:
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

A garage fire broke out early Sunday morning in a detached with one person narrowly escaping.

The fire happened in the 1000 block of Sholey Road. A woman lived in a room above the garage.

Firefighters say the father of the victim was able to use a ladder to rescue his daughter. Henrico Fire say a space heater in the garage was being run off an extension cord. The cord overheated and caused the fire.

Investigators say there was a smoke detector in the garage, but the battery died.

Henrico Fire would like to remind everyone you should never run a space heater off of an extension cord.

Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow