A gas leak forced nearly two dozen guests at two Ashland hotels to evacuate their rooms, Sunday night.
The Hanover County Sheriff's Department told NBC12 a construction crew was working off Route 54 near the Howard Johnson Hotel and Econo-Lodge.
The crews were digging and around 7:00 p.m., struck a 4" gas line.
Those guests were bused to a safe zone, then returned to their hotels about three hours later once the gas line was clamped.
Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics