Chesterfield home burned down in electrical fire - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

Chesterfield home burned down in electrical fire

Posted: Updated:
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) -

A fire left five adults and a child homeless in Chesterfield Friday morning.

Crews were called to 2941 Emblem Drive around 5:43 a.m. for a house fire. When they arrived smoke was billowing from the attached garage. It took around an hour for firefighters to get the flames under control.

The fire and smoke damage is heavy throughout the house and the six residents are now receiving help from the Red Cross.

Fire Marshals determined the fire started in the garage as a result of an electrical malfunction.

Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow