Cooking materials sparked Prince George apartment fire - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

Cooking materials sparked Prince George apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
PRINCE GEORGE, VA (WWBT) -

Investigators say cooking materials are to blame for a fire that left at least 8 people without a home in Prince George County.

No one was hurt by the fire. It happened just before 8 p.m. Thursday at an apartment complex located at 5333 Jovern Drive in Prince George County.

Firefighters contained the fire to just one apartment, but three others were affected as well. That's because utility crews had to cut power to several apartments due to the fire.  

The American Red Cross is helping those families who have been affected. 

Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow