Fire erupts at Henrico apartment complex - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Fire erupts at Henrico apartment complex

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

A fire erupted at a Henrico apartment complex, late this morning.

Now investigators are working to figure out why a dryer unit went up in flames.

It happened at the Aspen Station Apartments off of Parham Road, when a tenant was doing his laundry.

Fire crews stated that the problem may have been a mechanical issue.

Nobody was hurt, but the man who had just moved into the apartment unit is now homeless.

About a dozen of the tenant's neighbors were evacuated, but we're told the damage appears to be isolated to just the one unit.

The Red Cross is helping tenants that had to be evacuated.

Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly