Bee stings can be a painful and scary problem and for some people, deadly. Dr. Lauren Goode has some information on what you should do.
You will know that you were stung by a bee because there will be a sharp pinching pain at time of sting, followed by pain, sometimes itching and redness at the site.
If you are allergic to bee venom, you may have a serious reaction like a rash and trouble breathing.
Wash the site with soap and water and remove the stinger. Apply ice to reduce swelling. Do not scratch the sting as this may increase swelling, itching and risk of infection.
Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.