Chesterfield Issues Warning about Generator Safety

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - Chesterfield issues a warning about the generators many of you may be using right now.

Chesterfield Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to several incidents today in which portable generators were being used in an unsafe manner. Chesterfield Fire would like to remind everyone to keep generators away from the house so carbon monoxide does not fill the inside of your home.

Carbon Monoxide is an invisible, odorless, tasteless gas and is highly poisonous. Generators also pose a fire risk because of the combustible fuel.

Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved