Chesterfield Fire has determined the cause of an apartment fire on Thursday to be cooking related.
The fire started just after 6 p.m. in the 7500 block of Ayshire Court in an apartment complex.
Firefighters encountered heavy smoke when they arrived. The fire was put out in less than 20 minutes.
Two people in the apartment building were treated at the scene for minor injuries. No firefighters were hurt.
Fire investigators said someone left a pan of hot oil on the stove, sparking the fire.
Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
WWBT-TV NBC 12
P.O. Box 12
On Your Side
Video and Pics