Gloves in mouth land restaurant on Restaurant Report - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

Gloves in mouth land restaurant on Restaurant Report

Posted: Updated:

Gloves are at the heart of this Restaurant Report. One restaurant used color coded gloves to win the Hall of Fame Award. Another was written up when two workers put gloves in their mouths.

It happened at Plaza Azteca, 6623 West Broad Street in Henrico, which had 8 critical violations on a health inspection. The report says one worker put a gloved finger in their mouth while shredding cheese, another put a glove in his mouth while donning the other glove.

Explained manager Daniel Velasco, "He made a mistake. He was working on the cheese, and he was nervous because the lady was here, and that's why he put the glove in his mouth."

Velasco says staff has been reminded to never put gloves in their mouths. And Velasco showed us that he's added more thermometers to test food temperatures, corrected two coolers' temperatures, and added a new food dating system, earning a perfect score on the follow-up inspection just two days later.

Said Velasco, "Whenever there's a problem with any people, like the Health Department, we try to fix it right away. We try to make everything perfect."

Even the cow is dancing at the Chick-fil-A inside Chesterfield Towne Center after winning the NBC12 Hall of Fame Award. The restaurant's perfect inspection scores are partly due to its system to keep chicken safe.

Chick-fil-A restaurant director Paul Ferreira told us, "We actually have separate gloves too, yellow gloves to handle our raw chicken and raw product, and clear gloves to hand our other food prep areas, to make sure we completely separate the two."

Chick-fil-A has also launched new desserts: cookies, brownies, and sundaes.

Powered by WorldNow