PRINCE GEORGE, VA (WWBT) - We're learning new information about a deadly fire in Prince George earlier this week.
The woman killed in this fire has been identified as 51-year-old Amy Lewis.
She died Thursday after becoming trapped inside a friend's burning home.
The other man living in the house managed to escape through the garage. He thought Lewis was right behind him, only realizing she was trapped inside after it was too late.
Now Lewis' family is speaking out about their heartache.
Kathy Lawson is clinging to several pictures of her sister, Amy Lewis.
"She loved life," Lawson said. "She loved living life and it is just tragic that she was taken away."
She's still trying to come to terms with her sister's sudden death.
"I just feel like a part of my heart was ripped out," she said. "I can't never get it back."
Lewis was killed Thursday while staying at a home on Tar Bay Road in Prince George. The home is a total loss after firefighters say a cigarette set the whole house on fire.
Lewis became trapped inside trying to escape. Firefighters say she probably became disoriented by the thick smoke.
Lawson says she saw the fire on the news that morning, never thinking her sister might be the one stuck inside.
"I've been having a really hard time dealing with it," she said. "I can't sleep. I can hardly eat and I'm going to miss her very much."
Her family says she suffered burns on ninety percent of her body. They say a lone fingerprint was the only way authorities could ID her.
"I asked if I could view her," Lawson said. "They said, 'no ma'am, it's unviewable'."
Lawson says she still bursts into tears thinking about the agony her sister must have been in while inside that fire.
She says she hadn't talked to her sister in about a month. Now she's devastated she'll never get to speak to her again.
"I can't say goodbye to her," she said. "I couldn't tell her how much I loved her or how she would be very missed."
Lawson says a small, private wake will be held for Lewis at a friend's home next Saturday afternoon.