Hampden-Sydney student burned in fire returns to class - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Hampden-Sydney student burned in fire returns to class

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - One of the Hampden-Sydney students badly burned in a house fire has returned to classes.

The Times-Dispatch reports that Mechanicsville native, Kirk Rohle, returned to class despite burn injuries to his hand. He still has to wear protective gloves to class.

Rohle was burned back in January while trying to rescue his best friend Ben Rogers. Rogers escaped with minor injuries.

The two Mechanicsville natives have even been contacted by Virginia Tech coach and burn victim, Frank Beamer, for encouragement.

Rogers and Rohle plan to attend their graduation ceremony at Hampden-Sydney this May.

Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly