Cause determined in Henrico apartment fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Cause determined in Henrico apartment fire

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - A fire that displaced 11 people in a Henrico apartment complex has been ruled accidental.

The fire started on the first floor of the Nottingham Green Apartments on Premier Dr. Wednesday afternoon because someone was smoking while on home oxygen, according to Henrico Fire investigators.

Four units were damaged and one resident taken to the hospital when the blaze spread from the first to the second floor. The victim is at MCV in serious but stable condition. Those displaced received help from the Red Cross.

Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly