CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) –Police conclude the death of 7-year-old Amarria Johnson's was caused by eating a peanut.
Johnson, who is allergic to peanuts, died last week after police say she ate a peanut handed to her by another child on the playground of Hopkins Elementary School.
Police say that classmate was not aware of her allergy.
Upon realizing what occurred, police say Johnson approached a teacher and was taken to the school clinic.
Police say a clinic aide was attempting to help Johnson when she stopped breathing.
School personnel and emergency responders performed CPR and used an AED, but were unable to revive her.
Police say no crime or criminal negligence was committed by the child who shared the peanut, school personnel or Johnson's mother.