1) We lose over 40% of our home's energy through the roof. eShield of VA can fix that for you while saving you a minimum of 25% on your heating/cooling bill.
2) The United States Department of Energy insulation guidelines state homes in Virginia should have R38-R60 insulation in the attic. Do you?
3) Help maintain the temperature of your home by installing eShield window coating. It will keep the heat in during winter and the heat out during the summer.
4) Make sure your hot water temperature is set no higher than 120 degrees and wrap your hot water pipes with an insulated sheath.
5) Did you know your refrigerator/freezer uses more energy than any other kitchen appliance? Set your refrigerator at 40 degrees and your freezer at 5 degrees. A change of just 1 degree can affect energy consumption by 5%!
6) Installing a programmable thermostat is an easy, cost-effective way to save energy and money.
7) Adding an eShield water heater blanket can cut standby heat losses to lower your total energy cost by 4-9%.
8) Replacing old incandescent light bulbs with energy efficient compact fluorescent bulbs will save you $7-$10 per light bulb a year. They use 75% less energy and last 10 times longer.