RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - I'll bet you never thought about whether your dishwasher is hot enough to kill bacteria. The State Health Department says the temperature in restaurant dishwashers has to reach 160 degrees. A restaurant was just reminded of that in this Restaurant Report.
The problem happened at the Waffle House, 7109 West Broad Street in Henrico, which had 5 critical violations. The inspector wrote that the dish machine was not washing plates at a high enough temperature. The report says a repairman was called and other violations were corrected during the inspection.
Temperature was also an issue at Made in Asia, 7302 Hancock Village Drive in Chesterfield, but it was the temperature of brown rice. One of the restaurant's 4 critical violations was that the brown rice was not re-heated hot enough to eliminate the possibility of pathogenic bacteria. The restaurant earned a perfect score on a follow-up inspection two weeks later.
In Richmond, T-Miller's/Starbucks inside the Marriott Hotel at 500 East Broad Street had 5 critical violations, including that plates and iced tea dispensers were soiled to sight and touch. Those and other violations were corrected while the inspector was still on site.
This week's NBC12 Hall of Fame Award goes to Papa John's Pizza at 10054 Robious Road in Chesterfield. They have tossed up perfect scores on 3 of their last four state health inspections and haven't had a critical violation in four years.
NBC12's Restaurant Report airs each Thursday night at 11 p.m. and features the health inspection results from restaurants in Richmond, Hanover, Henrico and Chesterfield. Learn more about the Restaurant Report.More >>
NBC12's Restaurant Report airs each Thursday night at 11 p.m. and features the health inspection results from restaurants in Richmond, Hanover, Henrico and Chesterfield. More >>