RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Some scary moments tonight after a hazmat call in downtown Richmond. Emergency and fire crews were called to the Bio-Tech labs on North Fifth Street around 6:00 p.m.
A spokesperson says a Bio-Tech employee had a minor cut to the hand while working with a chemical called boron.
He cut himself on a test tube. And had to be taken to the hospital to have it checked out.
"The young gentleman who was cut looked a little bit pale, and so we called 911 to have some one come because we weren't sure about getting him to the hospital on our own," said Joseph McConnell, VA Biotechnology Park Medical Director.
At one point, crews thought they'd have to decontaminate about eight people, but the medical director says no one else was exposed to the boron, which is used to mix other chemicals.
Virginia Biotechnology Park is known for clinical lab testing.