Fire safety - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

Fire safety

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - Dr. David Boyd is teaching his patients about fire safety.

Have your fireplace inspected prior to use.  Obstructed ventilation can be a serious health hazard.  Smoke and carbon monoxide can build in your home.

Make sure you have a functional fire extinguisher and an escape plan.

If you feel fatigued and have poor ventilation, consider carbon monoxide poisoning and see your physician.

Copyright 2011 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow