Virginia Marine dies of overdose - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Virginia Marine dies of overdose

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - A Virginia-based marine has died, and a hot shower may be to blame.

20-year-old Lance Corporal Ezequiel Freire died from an overdose while awaiting cancer treatment — but a Portsmouth naval hospital spokeswoman believes that a long, hot shower may have triggered an increase in the amount of prescription medication he took.

A Navy investigation found no signs of foul play or drug abuse.

Copyright 2011 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly