RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - A Sunday afternoon fire has Richmond firefighters issuing a warning to homeowners.
Richmond Fire responded to a chimney fire just before 12:30 p.m.. It caused some damage to the home, but fortunately everyone was able to get out safely.
Sunday marks the second day of fall fire season. When colder weather begins to move in, and people begin using their fireplaces more, chimney fires become more common.
Fire officials suggest homeowners service their chimneys at least once a year, to help lower the risk for fires.