Electrical problem responsible for hotel fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Electrical problem responsible for hotel fire

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - An electrical problem is to blame for a hotel fire in Chesterfield early Sunday morning.

This all happened around 4:00 a.m. at the Sleep Inn on the 2300 block of Willis Road. We're told a vent short-circuited in a third-floor bathroom, and caught some insulation on fire.

The hotel was evacuated briefly, but everyone was allowed back in a short time later. However, some people had to get a different room.

It took firefighters about an hour to clear the scene.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2011 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly