RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - The U.S. Geological Survey has announced that Virginia experienced an earthquake that registered 2.5 on the Richter scale, recorded at about 12:54:24 p.m. and centered in Louisa County.
The epicenter was at 37.945N 77.970W and about 5km in depth. See more:
- 9 km (5 miles) SW (218 degrees) of Mineral, VA
- 9 km (6 miles) SSE (162 degrees) of Louisa, VA
- 27 km (17 miles) NE (38 degrees) of Columbia, VA
- 64 km (40 miles) NW (315 degrees) of Richmond, VA
- 136 km (85 miles) SW (218 degrees) of Washington, DC