The Bon Secours Heart & Vascular Institutes' cardiologists and surgeons are regional and national leaders in cardiovascular care. As community leaders and sought after national and international professional speakers, our physicians help guide the direction of health care in Virginia.
Physician and Surgeon Achievements
- Participated in the clinical trials that led to the FDA approval of the da Vinci Surgical System, the most advanced robotic surgery system available today.
- Performed the first minimally invasive repairs of abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms.
- Implanted the first left ventricular assist device in Virginia
- Performed the first Heart-Kidney transplant in the eastern United States
- National leader in surgical education, having written several books on general surgery and surgical sub-specialties
Hospital Awards and Certifications