Garage fire caused by cooking accident - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Garage fire caused by cooking accident

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - A garage fire in Richmond has been ruled an accident.

Richmond firefighters rushed to the 900 block of North 38th Street around 6:00 p.m. Friday.

They say someone was frying fish in the garage when the structure caught fire.

Flames spread to some nearby trees but it was all put out in about 10 minutes. No one was hurt.

Authorities estimate about $5,000 worth of damage.

Copyright 2011 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly