OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WWBT Channel 12, 5710 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23225 ("Sponsor"). The promotion begins on May 13, 2011. Entries must be received by June 24, 2011. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in WWBT-TV's viewing area: Stafford, King George, Culpeper, Orange, St. Mary's, Westmoreland, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Essex, Richmond, Northumberland, Lancaster, Middlesex, King and Queen, King William, Hanover, Goochland, Buckingham, Cumberland, Amelia, Powhatan, Chesterfield, City of Richmond, Henrico, City of Petersburg, City of Colonial Heights, City of Hopewell, Charles City, New Kent, James City, York, Matthews, Middlesex, Gloucester, Prince George, Surry, Isle of Wight, Southampton, Greensville, Brunswick, Lunenburg, Prince Edward, Nottoway, Dinwiddie, and who are 18 years or older by January 1, 2011. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WWBT-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. To enter to win, you must complete the form available at NBC12.com via our Facebook Page. The Contest entry period begins May 13, 2011 and entries must be received by 12:00 PM ET on June 24, 2011. Any nomination submitted in any other manner, including, without limitation, by U.S. mail or directly to NBC12 or to any other Sponsors, is void. Limit one entry per household. Submission of multiple complete nominations by an entrant or entrants is permitted. All nominations must be received by, and must be complete by, 12:00 PM ET on June 24, 2011. Sponsors will not verify receipt of entries. Entries, including photographs, become property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Incomplete entries are void. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries are void. Entries generated by any automated means are void. All entries become the property of Sponsors, and Sponsors reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. By entering, each entrant represents that he/she owns the copyright to any photographs submitted with the entry form and grants Sponsors an irrevocable license to exhibit such photographs via TV, internet, wireless handheld device and any other device.
Nominations must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated nominations, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
Nominator agree not to upload post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsors in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WWBT-TV and the other Sponsors of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WWBT-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. WWBT-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsors.
4. Prize and How the Prize is Awarded. There will be one (1) prize awarded each week during this promotion. The prize consists of the following: One (1) family four pack of tickets to King's Dominion Theme Park. The value is $54 per ticket or $216.
The recipient will be selected at random.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the recipient. WWBT NBC12 reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license is required to claim a prize. The recipient will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 5 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A recipient must receive the prize within 5 business Days (Monday through Thursday) of the day of notification or the prize will be forfeited.
Recipient will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes (including but not limited to sales tax and income tax. Recipient understands that WWBT NBC12 is required to report the prize to the Internal Revenue Service.
Recipient agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, recipient acknowledges that the Sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast recipient's name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion. The recipient agrees, as a condition to receiving the prize, to sign a release and indemnification releasing Sponsors from any liability in connection with the prize.
8. Sponsors' Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Sponsors. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsors are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
9. Name of Recipient. For the name of the recipient, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WWBT-TV, 5710 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23225 or visit the website at www.NBC12.com between June 26, 2011 and July 8, 2011.