Family displaced after Stafford house fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Family displaced after Stafford house fire

By Deon Guillory - bio | email
Posted by Shawn Maclauchlan

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - A devastating house fire overnight for one family in Stafford County - firefighters say this was an accident, causing $150,000 in damage.

The fire happened in the George Washington district of Stafford around 11 p.m. Thursday.

Flames were seen shooting up in the air from the front of the house. Some of the siding melted from the intensity of the heat.

Firefighters say the fire was coming from the second floor and attic.

An adult and two children were inside when the fire started, and they were all able to get out safely.

The adult had minor burns and was treated without going to the hospital.

No one else was hurt.

Now the family of three will have to live somewhere else until they rebuild.

Copyright 2011 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly