People discover house on fire after Super Bowl party - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

People discover house on fire after Super Bowl party

By Deon Guillory - bio | email
Posted by Shawn Maclauchlan

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - A group of Chesterfield residents return from a Super Bowl party to find their house on fire. This happened just before midnight in the 4600 block of Bonnie Brae Court.

The Chesterfield County Fire Marshal's Office has determined that the fire resulted from an electrical failure in a ceiling light fixture in a bathroom.

There were no injuries reported, however, four adults were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.

The four adults got home around 11:30, smelled smoke and found fire coming from the attic. Their smoke detectors also went off. They were able to get out and call 911. No one was hurt.

The four adults were able to get some of their things out of the house.

Firefighters say this shows just how important it is to have working smoke detectors.

All area fire departments have a program where they will inspect your home and install or fix smoke detectors.

Copyright 2011 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly