Press release from VDOT
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Crews will be repairing potholes on the Huguenot Bridge Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Drivers can expect periodic delays of up to 15 minutes in each direction during repairs. To avoid delays, VDOT recommends drivers use the following alternate routes:
- Northbound Huguenot Road - Chippenham Parkway (Route 150) north over the Willey Bridge to River Road east to Huguenot Road or use Powhite Parkway (toll) east into Richmond
- Southbound Huguenot Road – River Road west to Chippenham Parkway (Route 150) south to Huguenot Road
REMINDER – Traffic shift and reduced speed limit in the work zone starts Saturday morning.
There will be a new traffic pattern just north of the Huguenot Bridge beginning Saturday, February 12 at 7 a.m. (weather permitting). The traffic shift will remain in place through late summer 2012.
- Traffic will remain in one lane from Three Chopt Road to just south of the Huguenot Bridge; where Huguenot Road widens to two lanes.
- After River Road, there will be limited left turn lanes.
- There will be a dedicated right lane for River Road west traffic.
- Southbound drivers will have access to the River Road shopping center via the entrance at the River Road/Huguenot Road intersection.
- Traffic will remain in one lane from just north of the Huguenot Bridge until Huguenot Road widens for the left turn lanes at River Road.
Once the traffic shift is in place, the speed limit between Halesworth Road (south of the bridge) and the River Road/Huguenot Road intersection (north of the bridge) will be reduced from 45 to 35 mph for the duration of the project (fall 2013). Drivers are encouraged to drive carefully through the work zone and be alert to changing traffic patterns, equipment entering/exiting the work zone and construction crews.