Grandmother injured in West End fire dies

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - The grandmother pulled from a house fire where a father and daughter died has passed away.

According to the medical examiner's office, Melvina Whitby died of complications of thermal and inhalation injury.

The 76-year-old was rescued from the fire sparked by a blow dryer.

15-year-old Jessica Harvey and her father, James, died after becoming trapped.

No word on funeral arrangements for Whitby.

Copyright 2011 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.