Appliance Store Fire Appears to be Accidental - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Appliance Store Fire Appears to be Accidental

By Gene Petriello - bio | email

CHESTERFIELD, Va (WWBT) -- There appears to be, at this point, nothing suspicious about an overnight fire at a Chesterfield business.

It happened around 10:30pm on Thursday night at the All Wired Up store in the Pocono Green Shopping Center. That's in the 10400 block of Midlothian Turnpike in Chesterfield.

Fire crews tell us they were called here by someone driving by. When crews arrived, the found heavy fire and smoke in and around the All Wired Up store. Firefighters quickly put the fire out inside, but it appears the store itself is a total loss.

A neighboring business, an auto parts store, did have some smoke damage.

At this point, it appears the fire is not suspicious. We're told fire investigators will be back out investigating early Friday morning.

Copyright 2011 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly