Northside fire ruled accidental - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Northside fire ruled accidental

By Deon Guillory – bio | email
Posted by Iva Radman – bio | email

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Richmond firefighters are working to figure out what caused a house fire overnight.

It happened around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday night at 2nd and Pulaski Streets on the city's Northside, across the street from a fire station.

Fire investigators said the fire started in the electrical wiring in the walls on the second floor in a rear closet.  The fire has been ruled accidental -- electrical in nature.

When firefighters got there they saw flames coming from the second floor. They tried to go in the house, but were forced out because of how powerful the fire was. They fought it from the outside until they could go back in and put out the hot spots.

Two people were inside. They were able to get out safely. The Red Cross is helping them out this morning.

Copyright 2010 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly