CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - The Chesterfield Fire Department is holding a meeting with people who live in Settlers Landing to talk about fire safety.
This comes after a deadly fire on Tuesday.
The memorial for 46-year-old Tracey Johnson and her 12-year-old son Jacob Layne grows by the hour. Jacob's father is fighting to recover at VCU Medical Center after jumping from a second floor window.
Fire officials determined the fire started in the living room because of a faulty electrical outlet that had bad wiring. That's sparked concern among most people living in the neighborhood.
Many of the homes in the Settlers Landing neighborhood were built by the same contractor.
There have been some other electrical fires recently there too.
The meeting will start Wednesday at 4 p.m. in the Greenfield Community Center.