Ashland family displaced after fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Ashland family displaced after fire

ASHLAND, VA (WWBT) - A family is left without a place to stay after an early morning house fire in Ashland.

It happened in the 200 block of North James Street around 2:40 Saturday morning.

That's not far from Randolph-Macon College.

Fire crews say it appears to be a chimney fire that caused an estimated $40 thousand in damage to the home.

Everyone including the family pet made it out safely.

The Red Cross is assisting the family with clothes and shelter.

Copyright 2010 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly