Press release from Henrico County Fire Department
Yesterday a strong storm blew into the central part of Henrico. Below is a recap on events and ongoing items:
- NWS will be on site this morning to determine if the storm was an actual tornado
- Henrico Fire will be in the area today along with Building officials to take a more focused assessment of the damaged structures.
- No other reports of damage during the night, we are checking an area in the Western district of the County that sustained weather damage also.
- At this point 63 homes have been confirmed with damage of some sort, 3 are inhabitable.
- Red Cross assisted one family with sheltering last night
- A phone hotline has been established for residents to call in and ask any storm related questions. That number is 501-7404