Posted by Dirk Warner
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - A two-alarm fire in Henrico. It broke out Thursday night at the Colonial Apartments on Cardiff Court, just off Azalea Avenue.
The fire marshal has determined that "the heating of combustibles in a mechanical area" started the fire. Workers were doing maintenance and the smoldering of mechanical items caught fire and spread.
It took firefighters about half an hour to get the fire under control. Most of the damage was to the exterior of the building, according to authorities. Roof and apartment interiors took moderate damage.
No one was hurt, but we're told two families, a total of seven people, were forced out of their homes. They're staying in another part of the complex tonight.