RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Virginia natural gas crews are working to fix a ruptured gas line that fueled a fire late night Sunday.
A thunderstorm rolled through the Colonial Place neighborhood in Norfolk around 11 p.m.
Firefighters say lightning struck a tree and caused a ruptured gas line which fueled the fire.
But crews couldn't do much - they protected things nearby, but didn't attempt to put out that fire until Virginia natural gas crews were able to safely shut off the line.
Gas crews got there after 1 a.m. turned off the line and firefighters were able to get control of the fire around 1:30 a.m.