CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - Fire crews are responding to a house fire at 3825 Woodfield Road in Chesterfield near the Chippenham Parkway.
The house fire apparently began from an attempt to get rid of some wasps. Fire officials tell us the residents poured some gasoline on a yellow jackets nest and lit it.
After returning from an errand, they found a shed on fire. The flames eventually spread to the home. The shed was destroyed...there was heavy damage to the house.
All five residents are getting assistance from the red cross.