Boy attacked by pitbull - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Boy attacked by pitbull

By Evrod Cassimy – bio | email

HOPEWELL, VA (WWBT) – 9 year old Michael Wood can barely walk today. Sunday he was brutally attacked from behind by a pit bull as he was playing with his friends outside.

"It hurt really, really, really bad......I couldn't stop crying," said Wood. "I was bleeding all right here, right here and I had a big hole in my shorts. A lot of blood."

Today, staples hold together the wounds from the dog attack as Michael recovers. His mother called 911 after learning what had happened to her son just 2 doors down from where they call home.

"My heart dropped," said Wood's mother, Lisa. "Everything in my body left. I just--at first I was angry, I'll be honest at first I was angry and then I saw my son lying on their sidewalk and then my heart just fell out."

The Wood's claim they haven't spoken to the dog's owners since the incident. We went next door to find out why. While the neighbor didn't want to appear on camera she did talk to us about the dog.

"Yes I knew she had vicious tendencies," said the neighbor. When asked if she felt responsible she said, "Oh yes, yeah. I feel awful."

Michael is doing much better with each day. And while he has yet to hear from the dog owner, his neighbor was deeply apologetic for what happened.

"I want to go there but I don't want her to be mad at me," said the neighbor. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Copyright 2010 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

• Latest news from NBC12.comNEWSMore>>

Congress settles for stopgap to avoid government shutdown

Sunday, April 30 2017 2:54 AM EDT2017-04-30 06:54:17 GMT
    Sunday, April 30 2017 2:54 AM EDT2017-04-30 06:54:17 GMT

President Donald Trump seems destined to serve his 100th day in office without House passage of a Republican health care bill or enactment of a budget financing the government for the rest of this year.

Hanover's Sam Rogers drafted by Rams

Saturday, April 29 2017 11:58 PM EDT2017-04-30 03:58:56 GMT

Former Hanover High School and Virginia Tech star Sam Rogers was drafted by the Los Angeles Rams, Saturday.

• BREAKING

1 dead after two-vehicle crash in Hanover County

1 dead after two-vehicle crash in Hanover County

Saturday, April 29 2017 8:49 PM EDT2017-04-30 00:49:34 GMT

One person has died after a two-vehicle crash in western Hanover County Saturday night.

• Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

Severe reaction to new sandals leads woman on a painful path

One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction.  She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.

More >>

One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction. She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.

More >>

'The Phantom' serial killer of children out of prison, living in Tucson

Thursday, April 27 2017 12:17 AM EDT2017-04-27 04:17:43 GMT
    Friday, April 28 2017 11:32 PM EDT2017-04-29 03:32:02 GMT
    Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children.

More >>

William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children.

More >>

Teen with cerebral palsy denied prom tickets

Friday, April 28 2017 10:36 PM EDT2017-04-29 02:36:27 GMT
    Friday, April 28 2017 11:00 PM EDT2017-04-29 03:00:47 GMT
    Ashley Hamblin already has her dress picked out, but may not be able to wear it. (WSMV)Ashley Hamblin already has her dress picked out, but may not be able to wear it. (WSMV)

She has her dress, her date, and an extensive hair and makeup plan. It’s all in anticipation of her high school prom, but a Middle Tennessee teen was denied tickets.

Powered by Frankly