George Wythe high evacuated for trash can fire - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

George Wythe high evacuated for trash can fire

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Richmond Fire department received a call around 12:50 p.m. for a trash can fire in a girls bathroom at George Wythe High School today. 

Security guard removed the trash can and he was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation.  Another person was transported but it reportedly was not because of the fire.

Smoke was in the building so the school was evacuated for a short time.  Fire investigators are responding to investigate. 

Copyright 2010 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly