Chesterfield Hotel Evacuated due to dryer fire

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - A fire forced the evacuation of a Chesterfield hotel this evening.

Fire crews reported a dryer fire set off the smoke alarms at the Sheraton Park South on Midlothian Turnpike around 10:30 p.m.

There is smoke damage to the first and second floors.

Guests were allowed back into their rooms an hour later.

No injuries were reported.

(c) 2010 WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.