Unattended candle caused fire in Caroline County - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Unattended candle caused fire in Caroline County

Posted by Iva Radman – email

CAROLINE COUNTY, VA (WWBT)--A candle sparked a fire and destroyed a home in Caroline County over the weekend.

The winter storm reportedly cut power to the mobile home on oak court. The Caroline County Fire Department says a burning candle was left unattended in a bathroom.

Poor road conditions and downed trees delayed emergency responders. When they arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames.

The residents made it out safely.

(c) 2010. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly